Sunday, July 9, 2017

Annie's birthday interview: Eight is great!

Annie is, as ever, sweet, sensitive, and conscientious. We can count on her to remind us to lock the doors, move our cars in from the street, push the second cart at the grocery store, and help out in a million other ways. She reminds me a bit of myself at her age, but with a little more courage and spunk. We're looking forward to seeing what the next year holds!

How do you feel about being eight?  
I feel bigger and it feels like I can do more things.

What kinds of new things do eight-year-olds do?   
Well, instead of blowing out 7 candles, you blow out 8 candles. And on Sesame Street, now you like 8 to be the number of the day.

What are you most excited about for the next year?
I'm excited for my next birthday, and I'm excited for school and to see what 3rd-grade teacher I get. I'm excited for Lake Michigan with Grandma Lisa and staying longer. 

I'm excited to learn about multiplication and cursive writing. And also I'm excited to learn about the capitol because you learn about that stuff in 3rd grade.

Who is your best friend?
Lael and Bree and Adrienne and Luke and Leo and Matthew. Everybody, I like everybody. Everybody is my friend. 

Who are your favorite people to play with?
My friends, and I like playing with Nellie, DJ, Eddie, and Mary Cate. And all my friends--Lael, Bree, Kylie, and Charlotte.

What kinds of things are you good at?
I'm good at drawing and coloring, and writing and math. I'm good at music and doctoring. I'm good at gymnastics and dancing. And sewing, and I want to learn how to knit.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be either a doctor or to work for NASA or be an Olympic swimmer. Be in the Olympics, basically.

Why are you interested in those things?
Because I like helping people and because I like space and stars and also because I'm good at swimming and gymnastics.

What’s your favorite song?   
I have lots of favorite Christian songs, and my favorite lullaby is "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." My favorite just-listening-to song is "Call Me Maybe."

What's your favorite food?
I like everything chocolate, and cheese and pickles. I like zucchini bread.

Favorite movie?   
Pirates of the Caribbean. But I want to watch the second one, because we only watched the first one.

Favorite book?   
I like the Little House series; also the Princess in Black and the Bible.

Favorite color?   
My favorite color is purple, mostly lavender purple. I like the color of hydrangeas. 

Favorite place to be?
At school and I like being at the doctor's office. It's cool in there; I like the tools and charts. I like getting out the pain chart and looking at the faces. I liked that place where we saw Papa Roger when he had his stroke.

What are your favorite things to do?   
I like doing gymnastics, dancing, and sewing. I like helping my siblings.

Is there anything else you want us to know about you?   
I want you to know that I'm good at sports and I like doing sports. I'm good at swimming and stuff. This year I went to Maryland, in May. It was fun, except that my ears popped a lot. And that's all.


No comments:

Post a Comment