Saturday, August 5, 2017

Nellie is two hands old!

Ten is a great age so far. I never imagined how much I would enjoy this "in-between" stage as a mom. Part teenager, part adult, part child. Nellie wanted a doll for her birthday, but pretty much just gave it to Mary Cate to play with--her real-life baby doll. She stays home alone for short periods of time. She wants a cell phone (NO) and likes pop music. Her friend came over this week and they played "80's girls." She and Annie make STEM-themed videos and Nellie leads the kids in elaborate make-believe games. They have plans to start a pet-care business. As much as I love the little-kid phase, I'm learning that a kid can change a lot in the best kinds of ways.

What was your favorite memory from the last year?
 Leading chapel at school and being chosen to pray at the end.

What is one way God's been working in your life this year?
Probably in that we had a difficult class this year with some people who aren't very nice and it was good to show that I was strong and God was working in me because I wasn't mean to them no matter how they treated me.

How do you feel about being ten?  
Excited, because it's double-digits and I'm kind of happy because I've been waiting for a long time. I feel like it's good to be ten because now I can do more things.

What kinds of new things do ten-year-olds do?   
I feel like I'm stronger. I'm not a little kid anymore, I can take care of myself and watch over myself. I'm stronger not only in muscle but in God and friendships. 

What are you most excited about for the next year?
I'm excited about the school year, because 5th grade is going to be really fun and the teachers are fun and funny. I can't wait for school to start!

Who is your best friend?
Do you even need to ask that? Avery, and Emma, and Leah and Kaitlyn and Ruthie. I can't really say anyone is my best friend because I like them all equally.

Who are your favorite people to play with?
Usually DJ and Annie because they're most like my age and they're old enough. I like to play with Annie because she's a girl, but DJ likes wrestling. It's fun to have both of them around.

What kinds of things are you good at?
Reading, helping people when they don't know what to do (especially in math and science) - I'm confident I'm good at those things. I'm good at swimming or just generally playing outside. Making sure everyone is having fun and doing things safely. I like walking in the woods and planting things. I like learning about things that I didn't know about before.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Work at NASA because I like space, or be an Olympic swimmer. Who knows, maybe I'll be both!

Why are you interested in those things?
I think it would be fun to learn more about outer space. I want to discover another galaxy and see if some of us could live there or something like that. I want to be an Olympic swimmer because I love love love swimming and I want to be able to show that. I want to do something I enjoy.

What’s your favorite song?   
That's a hard question... [Okay, what are your top three?] ... [Okay, how about a couple of songs you like?] You Found Me by Big Daddy Weave, Even If by Mercy Me, and a lot of favorites like anything by Taylor Swift or Dove Cameron or from Descendants.

What's your favorite food?
Pesto pasta

Favorite movie?   
Beauty and the Beast or Descendants 2.

Favorite book?   
Harry Potter 7 probably, and The Missing series.

Favorite color?   
Right now it's a tie between blue and pink.

Favorite place to be?
Either school or Buzz's Lakeside Inn! I love this place.

What are your favorite things to do?   
Try on clothes and make outfits, organizing things, make crafts, things like that.

Is there anything else you want us to know about you?   
I want to make the world a better place for us to live in. Right now I feel like we're not taking care of it like we should. I want to do different things to make people happy, because when they're happy, I'm happy. When they're happy I know they're having more fun than they would be without me. I like knowing that if I make people happy, they're happier than they would have been. 

I love to do ANYTHING! I'll make up things to do, and I want to inspire people to do things like me, and that makes me happy. I want people to be inspired to do what they want to do and meet their dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment