Saturday, March 6, 2010

Crazy thoughts

During those times of night when I've been awake for an hour or two, having been in and out of the girls' room several times, I have the craziest thoughts. Not dreams, mind you, but real, conscious thoughts. Some things are fairly reasonable, like "we should move the crib into our room," or, "we shouldn't let Nellie drink milk before bed." Others are borderline rational, like "I'm leaving right now to sleep in a hotel" and "maybe tomorrow night Kevin will get up with the girls." But when things get really, really bad, I think (because Annie is still nursing) "that's it, I'm going to try giving up chocolate and coffee and see if that helps."

Luckily, things always look different in the morning. As I drink that first cup of coffee and my head clears, I think, "I need to be less dramatic."

1 comment: