Saturday, August 11, 2012

Touché

The girls are scared to go upstairs alone when it's convenient for them. Today, I asked Nellie to go up with Annie to get the piggy bank.

N: No, I'm scared.

Me: You're not scared. You go up there all the time. DJ even goes upstairs alone, and he's a baby. He's not scared.

N: Whenever DJ is upstairs alone he's sleeping or crying. [True.]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Annie: Can I have another cookie?

Me: No, you just had one.

A: You just had one, too.

Me: No, I gave mine to you.

A: But you had three before that. [True.]

1 comment:

  1. lol!!! :-) love this! Definitely have to watch what we say. A few weeks ago, Noah was on a little playset at someone's house. He pointed at me wanting me to climb up with him. I told him, "No, honey, mama is too big to climb up there." Noah's reply letting me know he was okay with that decision..."Biiiiggg, Mama..." as he continued to climb away.
    It's those types of comments that make you smile in a confused sort of way :-)

    ReplyDelete