Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nellie goes to kindergarten

The first day!

Nellie woke up and came down the stairs, saying, "why does my alarm clock want me to get up at this time? It's so early."
 Princess lunchbox, princess backpack. Also note the shorts and t-shirt. Nellie has not worn shorts and a t-shirt in...maybe two years? She picked out her own clothes, though, and when I asked her about it she told me she was going to play on the playground and she needed to be able to move around without her dress coming off. Go figure.
Everything went well this morning. No tears, just excitement. The fact that she's only going every other day makes it easier; it's pretty much like preschool but all day. She did get a little nervous once we got to the classroom, so I slipped out in a hurry. From the sounds of it, she was fine. Though I can't really get her to tell me what she did at school today...I think she was exhausted! I've never seen her so sleepy at bed time. Also, someone took her princess towel at nap time.

When we went to visit Kevin at work, he went to find a camera and didn't come back for a few minutes. At one point, Nellie climbed up on a huge rock and announced, "according to my calculations, he'll be back real soon."

I figure she's a genius already, and she's only been in school for a day!

1 comment: