Sunday, October 28, 2012

Some Nellie stories

Nellie was sick when we went to get her hearing checked for school, so she failed the test in one ear and we had to go back (she tested normally the second time around.) Lately, she's been trying to use that to get away with not listening. I'll say, "Nellie, I can tell you're not listening," and she'll matter-of-factly say, "well remember, I failed my hearing test." That girl. Then the other day, I complained about some sour milk I found in the car. She said, "I don't smell it...I'd better get my smelling checked!"

Playing 20 questions, Nellie's "thing" was God. Her clue: "It holds the whole universities!" 

Nellie asked who is running for president, and Kevin gave her a nice summary of the two leading candidates. She responded, "well I think Romney should be the president. Obama already got to be president, and it's nice to take turns."

Our family loves the Veggie Tales Hosanna album, against all common sense indicating that a whole CD of Veggie Tale music might actually kill you. We discovered a pitfall while we were actually in church, though. In a quiet moment after the chorus of "Everlasting God," Nellie exuberantly (and loudly) said, "look Phillippe, we're flying!" in a perfect French accent. Just like the peas.


No comments:

Post a Comment