Monday, January 27, 2014

DJ, 2 years old (!)

Oh, I am so behind on this blog. And everything else in life, really. But I decided at this point there's no sense in catching up...onward and upward! So I'll just take each kid and record some of the stuff they're up to right now, today. Also, anything else I remember to throw in!

I meant to start with DJ, but I guess I should at least mention this little guy!
This little guy, who I thought was most certainly a girl until the sonographer told us otherwise (all that nausea!) He's due June 5th. So far, he is much more active in utero than DJ ever was. Heaven, help us. We can't decide on a name, yet. Annie's top choice is "Prince Humor," DJ's is "DJ 2" (his two answers to the questions he's asked most often), and Nellie has all kinds of suggestions. Stay tuned!

It seems there's a lot going on in DJ's life these days--he turned two, he's going to be a big brother, he moved into a big boy bed! The bed decision was made basically because he's been sleeping so badly, we figured it couldn't get any worse. Plus this way, one of us can sleep in his bed for awhile if needed without him coming in our bed. Since, you know, there's usually another kid there.

DJ had a little Thomas the Train Engine birthday party, which we apparently have no pictures of. He loves Thomas right now, though. And Elmo, Cars, Dora, Daniel Tiger, Jake (the pirate), and anything else he can figure out how to watch on the iPad. Also, he loves playing on the iPad.
New birthday blocks! It took awhile to put all those together the night before. 
A new Cars book for his stocking Christmas morning
DJ still loves his bottle, which is the next thing to go. Two kids in diapers will be bad enough, we don't need two drinking from bottles. He sleeps with two blankies these days. He refers to the "original" blankie as "One." As in, "where's One? I want One."

He follows his sisters around and does pretty much every single thing they do. Sings the songs they sing, says the things they say, laughs at the things they laugh at, go where they go. His biggest heartbreak every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday is when they both leave for school.

DJ's in that stage where he knows lots and lots of words, but he's the only one who really knows what he's saying. It usually takes me a long time of thinking and asking questions before I can figure out what he wants. I think we'll all be a lot happier when he can communicate just a little better. But he can count up to 20, sing the alphabet, and spell his name, and report that he's two (holding up one finger on each hand), all of which he's very proud of. :)

His eating habits are most like Annie's--a ridiculous amount of milk, and not a whole lot else. But some of his favorites are pasta, pretzels, beans, dry cereal, and lentil barley stew. Also, DJ will pretty much eat anything you give him--hot peppers, mushrooms, olives. Just not a lot of anything.

I think that's all I've got for now. DJ is a fun little guy, and I've been appreciating our mornings alone here and there when the girls are both in school. I'm learning how fun it is to play with cars and trains and blocks, and how nice it is to watch sons hang out with their daddies. I'm looking forward to a year with 2-year-old DJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment