Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sweet Annie, Part 2 (or 3? 4?)

Here are a few exemplary Annie quotes from today:

Stoically, on learning of the untimely death of one of Kevin's teenage campers-turned-counselor: "Here is why no one should ever tell me about someone dying, especially one of our people, or dogs--it makes me sad."

"Mom, if the Tigers were playing agains the Lions, who would you vote for?" [I explained that although that couldn't really happen because they play different sports, I would cheer for the Tigers.] "Oh. I would vote for both of them. If they were trying their best, I would be like, 'good job, both teams!'"

"I'm so glad my boyfriend ____ is still in my class." Me: Is he your boyfriend because he's a boy and he's your friend, or because, you know, you want to marry him or something? Annie: "Because he's my friend and he's a boy. But Nellie has a boyfriend, too, and she wants to marry him. Isn't that silly?"

No comments:

Post a Comment