Sunday, August 30, 2015

DJ-the-almost-preschooler

My first thought when starting this post was, how is it possible that our "Baby #3" is headed to 3-year-old preschool? But, here we are. It's time. DJ is a headstrong kid and affectionate and a sweetheart and a riot and a handful all rolled into one. Unlike the girls, he's perfectly happy to play on his own and "make his own fun," as we say. He loves pretty much all the classics: trains, cars, construction equipment, Transformers, all things Batman or Avengers or other superheroes, dinosaurs...you get the idea. DJ loves his sisters but does NOT love when they tell him what to do. He also does NOT love when terrible things happen to him, such as: he drops something, his hands get sticky, his shirt gets a drop of milk on it, someone looks like they MIGHT want to play with the thing he wants to play with, a dog bumps into him.

In true Wernet-kid form, DJ believes the funniest word in the English language is "eyeball." He loves to make us laugh...usually by saying "eyeball." Soon--very soon--I think he'll enter that awesome helpful-four-year-old phase. Just today, he was very interested in helping with the dinner waffles and when I picked him up from my mom's this morning (he spent the night with grandma and Xander for the first time!) he'd gotten himself dressed. He did have his shorts on backward, though, and when I helped him turn them around, I discovered he was wearing the clean underwear over the other ones. We'll keep working on that.

At the doctors office, DJ weighed in at 34.4 pounds and is 40.5 inches tall--I need to throw those stats in here so we can remember how much he's grown...and compare Eddie someday.

DJ is a wonderful, loving child whom we love enormously. Just thought I'd let that preface the next sentence. When I went to find summer pictures of DJ, I didn't have many. He's one of our "not-yet-proficient" kids when it comes to being photogenic. He is adorable, though.
While the girls were at day camp, DJ and I got to be buddies for a whole week. We did this Avengers puzzle. I said, "DJ, let me take your picture with the cool puzzle." He said, "Okay. I'm going to make this face." And this is what I got.
For Annie's birthday party, the kids dressed up as their favorite princess or in ninja black. DJ wanted to be a baseball player.
Camping. Also, going on a mission to Mars.
Cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment