Monday, November 23, 2015

More fun with DJisms

All day, DJ has been telling me, "Mom, I just prayed. God made this holy ground. Take off your shoes." It's sweet, and funny, and weird.

After bath, Eddie was in the lion towel and DJ was in the butterfly towel. DJ said, "Knock knock." (His cue that he is going to tell a joke.) "Why did the butterfly cross the road?" "To get some nectar?", I guessed. His response: "No, to eat the lion."

This morning I woke up to find that DJ was already up, and had gone to wake up Annie. He was standing at the top of the stairs wide-eyed. "Mom," he said very seriously and calmly, "Darth Vader is in Nellie and Annie's bedroom. I can hear him when I lay down." I went in to listen with him, already guessing the source. We listened for a minute. It was Nellie sleeping in the top bunk, deep-sleep breathing, and DJ didn't know she was there. He was so relieved.


No comments:

Post a Comment