Sunday, May 22, 2016

Confidence

At almost-seven, Annie is still as sweet and spunky as ever. A couple of fine moments this week:

1) Annie handed me a large Easter egg with the message, "open me." (Yes, she found the eggs in a bag that's been waiting to go downstairs since Easter. As I write this, I realize that was two months ago.) Inside, another egg. Inside that egg, another! And inside that egg was my fortune. "You will have a good life." What a lovely prediction!

2) Last night, I introduced Annie to one of my childhood favorites--The Sandlot. If you're wondering, it's still as entertaining as it was in 1993. But it also taught Annie some--ahem--new words. Anyway, at one point a boy issues another the worst possible insult..."you play ball like a GIRL!" Annie giggled and asked, "What? In the olden days, were girls, like, really bad at baseball?" I love that question!

3) And one more. Kevin and the kids are working on a quail egg incubation project. Tonight as Annie turned the eggs, she announced, "Daddy, every time I turn these eggs they feel heavier! I think the birds are growing, like God is knitting them together in there!"

1 comment: