Saturday, June 30, 2018

Eddie, age 4


Strawberry picking
I really wish I could have recorded this interview to capture his voice and many, many stories along the way. Eddie is so fun and imaginative--he's often in his own world of play and entertains himself (and Mary) better than any of the other kids. He's moved on from playing trains ALL the time to being a superhero or a polar bear or a police officer or whatever the cool thing is that day. He really likes Spiderman. We really like Eddie!

How do you feel about being four?  
Snuggly.

What kinds of new things do four-year-olds do?   
Wipe themselves when they go potty, open presents, clean up their toys and clean up someone else's toys but not all of them. And if a kid has to clean up one more of his toys then his mom says to him, "you can leave that out if you want to," and he just leaves it out. Making forts. DJ and me have a fort in the echo room!

What are you most excited about for the next year?
Going to Aunt Pam's house, getting a gun that makes sounds for my birthday, going to preschool!

Who are your best friends?
Annie and Mary and DJ and Nellie.

Who are your favorite people to play with?
Otto, DJ, Nellie too, and Annie, and kind of Mary.

What kinds of things are you good at?
Going on real treadmills, working on real computers, riding bikes, doing new tricks on the swingset.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A dad. And Mary wants to be me when she grows up!

Why do you want to be a dad?
Because, um, I want to work on a real computer.

What’s your favorite song?   
Like a Spiderman song or the song from Racing Thomas where he's sad and painty.

What's your favorite food?
Strawberries and bananas. Mac and cheese, I love mac and cheese!

Favorite movie?
Star Wars, Avengers, and I think those are all of the movies I like. Oh wait, we do have Avengers movies!

Favorite book?   
[Surprise face.] Do you know why I look like this? Because there's a bench at the library and it has Avengers books on it. But there was no Spiderman on it. Just Antman, Captain America... I wish that Avengers book was at our house.

Favorite color?   
Green.

Favorite place to be?
The library and Papa John's house too, and Papa Mike's house because it has a ladder.

What are your favorite things to do?   
Playing tag and hide-and-seek.

What is your favorite present that you received?
My Ninja Turtle bike.

Is there anything else you want us to know about you?   
No thanks.



Eddie loves to take videos of himself, which I find later and are often hilarious. Here's an interesting one. "Goo goo, ga ga! I'm a baby, and I'm going to destroy you. Bye!"

No comments:

Post a Comment