Saturday, December 28, 2019

Christmas season = Christmas concerts

When we decided to have five children, no one prepared me for the fact that someday, some Christmas season, we would have six concerts/performances to attend in the span of two weeks. When I filled in our calendar over Thanksgiving, I'll admit, my stomach turned a little. That's a lot of quick dinner/get dressed!/get in the car!/we're going to be late!/sitting through a lot of music/taking lots of pictures/driving home in the dark and cold.

But I was also unprepared for how much I love to hear the kids sing and play. Yes, I have heard them many times before, but this was a year of firsts with Nellie's first year in choir, first year in middle school, Eddie in kindergarten, etc. And they love it so much (with the exception of DJ, as we know.)

Some highlights were when Mary and DJ actually got on stage and sang--it's always questionable until it happens, Nellie's descant at her choir concert, Annie's solo in the church show, and Eddie's joy throughout the elementary concert!







No comments:

Post a Comment