Sunday, April 19, 2020

Covid-19 Social Distancing Week 5 part 2

What was the highlight of this week?

Mary Cate: Being with mommy all the time. [Oh me too, Mary. Me too.]

Eddie: Flying my kite really high and starting to play Mario Odyssey again.

DJ: Flying my kite really high, too. And playing outside a lot this weekend.


Annie: Making fruit tarts and a chocolate cake for Nellie.

The 0 candle is for "zero cast." 😊
Nellie: Getting my cast off!

Mom: It was a long week coming off a break. I think my highlights are mostly the same as the kids. It was too cold to be outside most of the week, so getting out to fly kites this weekend was great. We're also SO happy that Nellie got her cast off, though we learned it's still going to be a long road with starting to put weight on it over the next four weeks. Work-wise, we went to a new, more streamlined schedule. That's helped a lot with cutting down on working until midnight! The kids are starting "school" with their own teachers this week, so while it will be nice not to have to think up all the learning activities, I'll miss it a little, too. Which reminds me, another highlight (after quite a bit of frustration in the form of yelling and throwing LEGOs--I won't name names) was a LEGO bridge-building challenge. DJ and Eddie were the most creative in their designs but Annie's and my bridges held the most weight. All met the basic requirement of spanning the river teeming with sharks and ducks.


No comments:

Post a Comment