Wednesday, December 29, 2021

DJ, age 10




This one snuck up on me - it's hard to believe DJ is already 10. So grown up! He's still super into sports (as you'll read all about!) and loves to read. He has a contagious laugh and wishes sometimes that he had an older brother to play football with. He can't get us to play catch with him quite as much as he'd like! This year, DJ has turned into a night owl and tries to stay up as late as he can get away with watching football with Kevin or reading in bed. (He's sitting next to me arguing that it just naturally happens.) 

We have a lot to be thankful for - DJ is happy and healthy and has a wonderful teacher and great friends at school. We love him so much and can't wait to see what the next year holds!


What was your favorite memory from the last year?
I really liked March Madness. It seemed like there were a lot of teams that weren't usually in the tournament. And I just like watching basketball; it's a fast-paced sport.

What is one way God's been working in your life this year?
Getting covid. He protected me from getting super severely sick. I could still get out of bed and play basketball.

How do you feel about being ten?  
I feel like this year went by faster than expected. [Double digits! What do you think about when being 10?] It's cool, I finally get to be 3 years older than Eddie again.

What are you most looking forward to in the next year?
Baseball season - to play and watch.

What new things or skills are you learning?
I'm learning how to do like tricks in video games and stuff. Like combos in Mario Tennis. I can dribble two balls at once with my eyes closed in basketball. I don't want to write about writing, because I don't like writing. [Okay, how about other subjects?] I like math. I've learned long division and triple-digit multiplication.

Who are your best friends?
Wesley, Ira, Brendan, Otto, Colin, Collin...

What kinds of things are you good at?
Basketball, soccer, math, baseball, ignoring my siblings, flag football, at recess when people get mad and leave the game, I'm good at talking to them and getting them to come back in the game.

What careers are you considering?
Paleontology, forestry, eye doctor.

Why are you interested in those things?
If I was a paleontologist I'd like finding new things. Forestry I think it would be cool to take a walk in the woods and know what all the plants and trees are and write notes about it. I'm not good at writing reports and stories. I can't come up with good ideas to write about.

What’s your favorite song?   
Help by the Beatles or Mr. Blue Sky from Guardians of the Galaxy.

What's your favorite food?
Chicken pot pie and those carrot things. [Sliced carrots with cinnamon. :)]

Favorite movie? Or just a movie you like. 
The Sandlot.

Favorite book you've read this year?   
The Unflushables, Who Was books, The Hobbit, and Holes.

Favorite color?   
Light green.

Favorite place to be?
In my bed. I'm joking. The basement; it's fun.

What are your favorite things to do?
Watch sports. Play sports. Play video game sports. I like reading. I like doing Legos.

Is there anything else you want us to know about you as a ten-year-old?   
No (laughing).

No comments:

Post a Comment