Monday, January 23, 2023

Girls weekend!

We managed to sneak in a girls' weekend to Petoskey this year for the first time since 2020! (In fact, I remember that during our last dinner together up north, there was a story on the news about an American student stuck in China because of the spreading coronavirus and I was like, "whoa, what's that?") We missed Emily :( but we packed in a little bit of shopping, a moderate amount of hiking, and lots of eating delicious food lounging! Erin also introduced us to mushroom houses and we toured some favorite spots from when we were little living in Walloon Lake.

Some excellent driving from mom back into a remote parking area!

My beautiful coffee

Snowy hiking!


Dinner at the Weathervane by the massive stone fireplace

Okay a super highlight was a solo hike - well, I thought I was solo but when I stood very quietly trying to take a picture of some ducks for Kevin, this beaver hopped out of the water onto the ice! He reminded me of Mr. Beaver from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment