Monday, June 12, 2023

Eddie, age 9



Eddie continues to be an absolute delight. He had a great year of piano lessons, soccer, basketball, baseball, and learning to play ukulele and guitar. There were some lows (like a beloved teacher leaving mid-year) and definite highs (left the state for the first time ever for a road trip to Florida!). He's still easy going and silly and loves to be outside playing even more than playing video games. Eddie has made some new friends this year and reconnected with some old ones. He doesn't mind going to work with me in the summer or going to infinitely many of DJ's games because he always finds someone to play with! Eddie is an awesome kid - and although humility might be a growth area - he is aware of his awesomeness, as you will read in his 2023 birthday interview. ↓


Turning 9 is a big deal - a lot has happened this year. What was one of your favorite memories from the last year?

Spring break! Specifically the beach - I liked being in the ocean for the first time. I got to go to six different states!

What is one way God's been working in your life this year?
He helped me realize I'm awesomer than I thought. He made me braver and smarter. Also, my friend Maxwell helped by telling me, "Eddie, you're awesome."

How do you feel about being nine?  
Awesome.

What are you most looking forward to in the next year?
Otto coming over to our house. I'm looking forward to 4th grade and getting smarter, like learning long division.

What new things or skills are you learning?
Long math, like long multiplication (multiplication with big numbers) and long division.

Who are your best friends?
Cameron, Dallas, and Maxwell.

What kinds of things are you good at?
It's hard because there's so many different things. Ninja Warrior, piano, chess, Legos, building marble works, math, enjoying nature, baseball, and that's it.

What careers are you considering?
Video game designing, being a pastor, there are so many things that are awesome that I want to do. Construction worker or engineer. Musician. [What are your top choices?] Engineer or musician.

Why are you interested in engineering or being a musician?
They sound fun!

What’s your favorite song?   
Dang it... [He struggles with favorites.] I don't really have one! I like all music as long as it's not Taylor Swift or Pink.

What's your favorite food?
Pesto pasta forever!

Favorite movie?   
Probably The Super Mario Bros. Movie now!

Favorite book?   
Tale of Despereaux.

Favorite color?   
Red

Favorite place to be?
Grandmas' houses - Grandma Lisa and Grandma Linda.

What are your favorite things to do?
Read, play sports, and play using my imagination.

What was your favorite present?
Probably Pokemon Scarlet.

Is there anything else you want us to know about you as a nine-year-old?   
Um...no!

1 comment:

  1. Eddie is awesome…and always surprising. Last time you arrived to pick him up, we were on the couch downstairs watching Sonic. He asked “who’s here” when I called up to you. I told him, “Your family.” He glances your way and deadpans, “That’s not my family. I don’t know those people.”

    ReplyDelete