Saturday, January 6, 2024

The Incident

2024 started with a bang! That is, a curtain rod banged into Annie and broke her front tooth. 

Before

It was not my finest mom moment...I basically panicked. I mean, breaking and losing teeth are my MOST recurring nightmare! Luckily:

  • Kevin was there to take charge and keep the mood light.
  • We signed up for dental insurance for the first time in our adult lives at the 11th hour before the deadline. It went into effect on January 1, and Annie had the good sense to get injured on January 2.
  • After a long night without a lot of sleep, we were able to get in with a great new dentist office first thing in the morning.
  • It was fixed up good as new!
Though we liked her "Dumb and Dumber" look, as Kevin called it, I think she's happy to have her old look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment