Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happenings

Maybe the title of this post is a little misleading, since nothing much is happening! Well, I shouldn't say that. Lots and lots of little things have happened, like:

  • Kevin got a deer! Two thumbs up for a freezer stuffed with meat.
  • I passed the written part of comps! I haven't really been announcing it, because I still have the oral exam on Thursday, but the papers were the biggest hurdle so I am super thrilled to be done. Still studying for three more days...
  • DJ is pulling himself up, climbing stairs, and moving fast. Things have gotten infinitely more complicated around here.
  • Nellie is practicing for the Christmas show at church, which means we're listening to Christmas music in the car all day, every day.
  • We had the first kindergarten parent-teacher conferences. Nellie is on track, and has "a kind heart and a sweet smile," according to her teacher. Hopefully she'll bring out that smile at her picture retakes on Wednesday. :)
  • Annie moved up to the intermediate gymnastics class, and is loving every minute of it. She got the "most courageous" award two sessions in a row, so we're proud of her, of course! She's very into cooking and taking care of her baby dolls right now.
  • DJ spent a long day hunting with Kevin today for the first time! I hear he did great. I, on the other hand, am definitely going crazy. Without him here, all day long I've imagined I hear him talking or crying. This might be the first time ever that I've been home without him here.
  • DJ continues to sleep better - he's slept through the night several times, and only gets up once most other nights. There was one rough night at Pam's when he didn't sleep more than 5 minutes at a time because he was so sick, but we're on the tail end of that. First round of colds for the season - check!

No comments:

Post a Comment