Friday, February 1, 2013

Boys and girls

I dropped Annie's beloved blankie while helping her get into the van today. I dramatically picked it up and shook it out, saying, "oh, poor blankie, she fell on the ground." Annie didn't even pause, just looked at me and matter-of-factly said, "it's a boy, not a girl."

Well, I won't make that mistake again!

On the way home, I was grilling Nellie about her day and we got talking about her music teacher. I asked if he was married (he's excellent, but looks to be about 14. I only feel comfortable saying this because at my first parent-teacher conferences, a parent sat down and asked, "how old are you, anyway?" Don't do that!!) She thought about it for a minute, then answered, "I don't know. I don't think so. Well, I think he's engaged, because he only wears one ring."

No comments:

Post a Comment