Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Some favorite DJ sayings

Finally, I am better able to understand DJ when he's talking to me. Which is all the time. Both of us are less frustrated with this arrangement, though he still needs to be patient with me sometimes, and repeat the same thing over and over again. I do have a few faves when it comes to his new words and phrases.

1. Gamma Loon-ah (i.e., Grandma Linda)

2. Tanks. Made mine self! (i.e., Thanks. I made it myself!) As in, we're riding in the car, and he's in the back blowing raspberries. Me: Wow DJ, those are some really loud tooting noises! DJ: Tanks! Made mine self!

It gets me every time!

3. Dam-mam-it! (i.e., Dagnabbit!) Okay, this one is our fault. We got a kick out of that Geiko commercial with Old MacDonald in a spelling bee (watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zebvFBNZ3Mg&feature=kp), and started saying "Dagnabbit!" all the time. Urban Dictionary defines it as, "Oldcootism used during great consternation or surprise. Used by 1890’s prospectors, cantankerous old farmers, and young people playing old people on TV in the ‘60’s and ‘70’s." But the way it comes out of DJ's mouth just sounds so wrong, and so funny. If you hear him say it, please don't be alarmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment