Sunday, September 21, 2014

Things Two-and-a-half-year-old DJ Says

DJ's vocabulary seems to be growing exponentially, along with his general enthusiasm for life. He's particularly interested in talking about anything related to bathrooms.

I was Skyping with my friend Jerilynn the other day, and I (re)introduced her to DJ. He said, "Hi. Do you have a potty there?"

At church: "Wow, this is an amazing potty! It has a flusher, and toilet paper..."

In every single public restroom we walk into: "This potty not flush by itself. This potty flushes by itself? The potty at McDonalds flushes by itself." [We had a traumatic automatic flush experience at the Grand Ledge McDonalds.]

DJ's also fond of the word, "actually" and the phrase, "all right." When I told him we were going to visit Papa John's house, he exclaimed, "Papa John? I love Papa John, actually!" He walks around saying things like, "I'm a big boy, all right" in a very matter-of-fact way.

He's terribly cute, and he knows it. When we got back from John's after a five-hour drive, I discovered that he'd spilled a large bag of trail mix all over his seat and the floor of the car.
     Me: Oh no! DJ, did you do this on purpose? [He smiles and giggles.] DJ, did you do this on accident, or on purpose? Accident, or purpose?
     DJ, grinning: I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment