Thursday, September 4, 2014

First days of school

It was a long-awaited day for Nellie. Here's what we'd been hearing:

"I wish it wasn't just Meet the Teacher. I wish it were the first day of school!"
"I wish I didn't have to go to bed. I wish I could go to school!"
"I wish it wasn't Friday, I wish it was Tuesday so I could go to school!"

In this series of pictures, note Nellie's irritation about the first photo, then lots of talking about how we should get our picture taken, then her chance to choose her own poses, finally.









Wednesday was Annie's first day--it was great! I think that between preschool and camp, and the fact that I'm in the building, made it pretty uneventful for her (and me, though I still got misty-eyed.)


As you look at these pictures, imagine us saying things like, "Okay, now hug each other. No Nellie, you're squishing her. Just put your arms around each other. Move your arm, Nellie, we can't see Annie's face. No, put your arm down. Just stand normally. Look happy about it! Seriously, smile. Okay, now do what you want." Let's just say, these are the best pictures we got.


Now do this, Annie.
Now do this, Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment