Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween 2016

Let it be known, I actually had fun! It's no secret that I don't really like Halloween. Sorry. It's a holiday I just try to tolerate for the sake of the kids. I joke that any affinity for Halloween was transferred to Valentine's Day. I love Valentine's Day. What else is there to look forward to in Michigan in the middle of February? President's Day? Maybe.

Anyway, we ended up with a last-minute crowd, hosting 10 family members for a quick after-work dinner of frozen pizza and hot spiced cider before getting nine kids in costume. The weather was perfect, the candy was flowing, and the kids were in good spirits. It was an all-around pleasant evening!

Ah! The cuteness.
Team mom-and-baby

It was 50 degrees, not windy, not raining. A Halloween miracle!
Nine excited trick-or-treaters. Eight adults was barely enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment