Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday

I had good intentions of attending the Good Friday service at church tonight. We didn't make it because, well, you know. Computer charger left at school. Dirty stove (long story). Easter grocery shopping. Boys practically falling asleep at the dinner table. Five kids. So the girls put together a "home church" service, which is one of their favorite things to do anyway.

One of these years, I'm sure we'll all make it to a Good Friday service. Maybe even on time. Until then, I'll enjoy cuddling up on the couch with DJ and Kevin in the candlelight, listening to Nellie give a sermon and to Annie eagerly read the Easter story. Too eager to stop at the crucifixion and burial, like I told her was traditional on Good Friday. Afterward, DJ told me it was the best church service he'd ever been to. I might not go that far (in case one of the pastors is reading this), but it was very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment