Sunday, April 9, 2017

Still laughing

My dad's house was filled with lady bugs. Eddie couldn't remember what they were called, so he referred to them as "stink ladies" and "lady spiders."

The girls and DJ spent the better part of one afternoon of our trip playing "baby birds." DJ pretended to be a woodpecker. I overhead DJ referring to his beak as his "pecker" and made a mental note to clear that up for him later. At some point, an actual woodpecker flew up to the window and Nellie excitedly called DJ over. Kevin asked him, "do you know how to tell the boy woodpeckers from the girls?" [Actual answer - the boys have a red spot on the back of their heads.] DJ responded confidently, "the boys have longer peckers!"

DJ wore his Captain America: Civil War hat to a Civil War reenactment at Woldumar last weekend. I didn't get it. He kept pointing out what a great hat it was, and I kept saying, "oh yes, it is going to be sunny today and that will keep your face out of the sun." It wasn't until he asked Kevin when Captain America and Iron Man were going to show up that I figured it out.

I was sitting on the couch minding my own business when DJ walked up, hugged me, and said, "Mom, do NOT NOT smell." I thought maybe he was just learning about double negatives and was reminding me to breathe or something. So I took a nice, deep, stinky breath. DJ started giggling uncontrollably. The kid farted on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment