Saturday, July 8, 2017

Eddie, age 3 (How can it be?)

Okay, this was one of the weirdest interviews I've done...strong train theme with a little puke and potty thrown in for good measure.

Eddie continues to fill us with joy every day. He's a bundle of happy energy, most of which he devotes to talking non-stop and playing with his trains. Three is a great age for "kids say the darndest things" moments. Like when Eddie walked up to me and announced, "I can drink beer all by myself! I'm the best! I can drink beer all night!" (???) Three is also a challenging age, especially because Eddie is fiercely independent. He imitates everything DJ does, except that whereas DJ prefers to be waited on and helped with everything, Eddie wants to do it all by himself. Everything. Using a public restroom takes two hours. And he gets injured about 10 times a day. Seriously, we've gone through so much ice this week for everything from a finger burned on a sparkler to stubbed toes, bumped heads, and hand pinched in the door.

I couldn't imagine life without our fun-loving, juice-drinking, train-driving, accident-prone Eddie. Cheers to three years!

A happier boy would be hard to find!

His big birthday present was a water table. We couldn't get him interested in opening it, though, because he loved his birthday Thomas so much.

How do you feel about being three?  
To a birthday! Birthday? 

What kinds of new things do three-year-olds do?   
Mom? Do you know this one? Steady, steady, steady, everybody go! Like on the Island of Sodor.

Who is your best friend?
Steven! [Well, he's a train. Who is your best person friend?] Thomas! And even Percy. And James and Henry. I love Henry and Percy.

Who are your favorite people to play with?
James, Thomas, and Percy! [But who are your favorite people to play with?] I love Nellie and Annie.

What kinds of things are you good at?
Toys!

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to spit up in a bucket. Puke.

What’s your favorite song?   
Thomas!

What's your favorite food?
I love juice, yes! I love to eat apples. Can we go to the next store to buy apples?

Favorite movie?   
Ooh, racing Thomas!

Favorite book?   
Ooh! [Whispers] Thomas.

Favorite color?   
Blue.

Favorite place to be?
The library! I really need to go potty at the library. [Actually, that is everywhere. Everywhere we go, Eddie needs to know if there's a potty, whether it's big or little, loud or quiet...]

What are your favorite things to do?   
Play with choo-choo trains. I like Thomas. Wait, wait. I like Percy. 

Is there anything else you want us to know about you?   
Yeah. Um...I know what color I use. Hey what is this? [Holds up a train signal for his new zoo train. And it's over.]

No comments:

Post a Comment