Friday, August 17, 2018

Annie, age 9


What was your favorite memory from the last year?
Probably seeing my friends again when school started and learning ukulele in music class.

What is one way God's been working in your life this year?
Helping me realize that even though we're going to Beagle, He's helping us and teaching us. 

How do you feel about being nine?  
Older. And like an upside-down six-year-old.

What are you most looking forward to in the next year?
Maybe meeting new friends because we're going to Beagle, and seeing my old friends next year. Learning more things.

What new things or skills are you learning?
Diving without a mask, playing the ukulele, relearning piano. How to pitch and slide in softball.

Who are your best friends?
Probably--like from school--Lael, Bree, Kylie, and really everyone. And then my family.

What kinds of things are you good at?
I'm good at cursive and ukulele, math, reading, writing. I'm a good friend. Being me.

What careers are you considering?
Maybe a teacher, a movie maker, or a doctor.

Why are you interested in those things?
I like kids and--well, for the movie maker, because we've written lots of plays with Robynne and Leah and I feel like it would end up good!

What’s your favorite song?   
Lullabye-wise it's still Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. [What are some songs you like?] Mercy Me songs, Christian songs, rock-and-roll songs. Livin' on a Prayer.

What's your favorite food?
Cheese and brownies.

Favorite movie?   
Harry Potter, The Greatest Showman. If they made it, Harry Potter and The Greatest Showman mixed together.

Favorite book?   
A Wrinkle in Time or Babysitters' Club books or graphic novels in general.

Favorite color?   
Purple.

Favorite place to be?
I don't really have one! School or home.

What are your favorite things to do?
Read, play ukulele, spend time with my friends and family. I enjoy writing but sometimes I don't concentrate on it all the time. It might not seem like I like to write but I do.  

Is there anything else you want us to know about you as a nine-year-old?   
I liked being an eight-year-old because it was like a sideways infinity sign, so it was a long year. [Haha.] But I like being nine because I'm almost double-digits and that's nice to think about. I'm changing schools and going into fourth grade. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment