Sunday, August 19, 2018

Nellie, age 11


What was your favorite memory from the last year?
Probably going to Great Wolf Lodge with the girl scout troop.

What is one way God's been working in your life this year?
Well when I found out we'd have to go to a new school I knew my friends would probably be really sad, but God helped me express it in a good way and not be too sad about going to a new school.

How do you feel about being eleven?  
I'm happy because it was my golden birthday this year and I had a lot of fun at my birthday party. Also I'm going into sixth grade this year and it's not middle school at Beagle, but it feels more, like, grown up. I'll bet there's more things that I'll be able to do, like if we go to an amusement park, because I'm taller and older.

What are you most looking forward to in the next year?
Going to Michigan Adventure at the end of the year! Being in the same class as Alayna, one of my friends from softball. I'm excited about being in Mrs. Stabley's class because she seems like a really nice person.

Who are your best friends?
Avery, Emma, and Leah. They're probably my main ones.

What kinds of things are you good at?
Swimming, playing softball [I'll add that she's good at pitching, though she's trying to be modest!], playing with my siblings. That's one of the things I really like to do. Not making them really mad like I used to.

What careers are you considering?
A lawyer, a movie writer, and a book author. A lawyer and a book writer go good together; at least that's what Aunt Emmy tells me.

Why are you interested in those things?
Well, for a lawyer it's mainly because there's a lot of helping people and I really want to make a mark on the world and help a lot of people. Also, there's a lot of excitement involved because there's so many possible things you could be encountered with. A movie and book writer because I like to imagine stories and things that could happen--or not happen, ever! But I really like to put those ideas in words and share them with people.

What’s your favorite song?   
That's a tough-y, because I like a lot of music. I really like Taylor Swift right now. Right now I'm not very into listening to songs, but I like rewriting songs in silly and fun ways. Like "Livin' on a Prairie" or a realistic version of "Party in the U.S.A." I like Reckless Love by Cory Asbury.

What's your favorite food?
Pesto pasta for a meal. Carrots and celery remains my favorite food!

Favorite movie?   
The live-action Beauty and the Beast.

Favorite book?   
That's tricky because I've read so many books lately. Probably the Harry Potter series, the Little House series...my favorite this summer was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Favorite color?   
Blue. Especially dark blue.

Favorite place to be?
Anywhere where my friends are, especially because at my new school this year I won't be able to see them as much.

What are your favorite things to do?   
Play with my siblings, especially hide-and-seek because I'm older now and I can find good spots. Also I like to read, obviously. Swim at Aunt Pam's lake.

Is there anything else you want us to know about you as an 11-year-old?   
I really want to learn the guitalele better this year--I got one for my birthday--and I hope I do good at my new school and make new friends. I want to be able to encourage them if they have any troubles. I want to be a good example for them and my siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment