Friday, December 28, 2018

Christmas 2018

Some favorite memories:
  • Six parties in six days
  • Playing Christmas-themed pictionary and singing rock songs together at Erin's house
  • Mary Cate played with Steve, stayed overnight at Grandma Lisa's, and hugged my dad. This is a big deal given a child who has gone from screaming in the face of any approaching human to jabbing me in the chest saying, "MY MOM," to any approaching human to giving the stink-eye to everyone not in her immediate family.
  • Lots of quality family time, including cousin sleepovers, hanging out with Dave, Laurel, and Roger, hosting John, Sue, and Pam over Christmas. It was especially nice to spend time with Sue and get to know our new bonus mother-in-law!
  • I planned a big family dinner on Christmas for the first time and decided on Swedish meatballs. I whipped up the sauce before starting on our waffle brunch Christmas morning...and realized I'd forgotten to buy the meatballs. So Kevin, Pam, Sue, and I made up our first-ever batch of homemade meatballs. That might be our new Christmas tradition!
  • Sweet homemade gifts from Annie, thoughtful gifts Nellie bought with her own money, and a new mug from DJ.
  • Making Christmas cookies at Mom's house
  • Our second year of dressing up as a reindeer and elf Christmas morning
  • Annie - Spending time with the family and watching my sibling's and other people's reactions when they opened the presents I got them--especially DJ and Eddie's faces when we got the new climbing rope wall.
  • Nellie - Grandma Lisa's Christmas party, which was really fun with the cousins and we were surprised being able to open our presents that night instead of waiting until the next day
  • DJ - When I got a lot of fun presents, like Legos and a new Nerf gun
  • Eddie - my new Power Rangers sword
  • Mary Cate - snuggling with Mommy
  • Kevin - Playing his new Punderdome game with Nellie, Annie, and me. His particular favorite moment was when Nellie and I came up with puns so bad, he won with "nothing."
And nobody threw up the whole break (so far)--counting that as a win!

Some favorite pictures:
Present time at Erin and Steve's

Grandma Lisa's Christmas Eve
All Mario

Classic Christmas apple and orange

Everyone got their favorite drink...Nellie's was gone in minutes

Laughing with my helpers about all the plastic bags around my gift from DJ--a flamingo mug. He picks out the best mugs!

Annie's gift from DJ

Matching shirts! We are so tired.

Mary and her lotion

Waiting for presents at Grandma Linda's house

No comments:

Post a Comment