Friday, July 12, 2019

Nellie, age 12

I'll be honest. I don't know how to raise a 12-year-old! But WOW is this a fun and exciting age. Middle school! Band, choir, musicals, softball, babysitting class, youth group--and probably lots of things I'm not thinking of. Nellie remains her clever, reading, singing, and activities-directing self. But she's increasingly independent and thoughtful. We love her infinity, as Eddie would say!
Nellie at the ledges with a turtle in the background!
Good friends from LCS

What was your favorite memory from the last year?
I guess going to Michigan Adventure. That's the thing I remember most--it might not be my favorite.

What is one way God's been working in your life this year?
Helping me through trying something new this year--going to a new school, making new friends.

How do you feel about being twelve?  
Happy, I guess. Nervous about middle school.
What are you most looking forward to in the next year?
Being in band and choir--I've heard both teachers are really nice. 

Who are your best friends?
Avery, Leah, and Emma.

What are your strengths?
Swimming, reading and writing, math I guess. Making iMovies.

What careers are you considering?
Being a writer or an English teacher so I can write. Or a marine biologist.

Why are you interested in those fields?
Because I love marine animals and I want to swim all day! Maybe that doesn't actually happen if you're a marine biologist, but you get to be around the water. I love writing stories because you get to make things up. 

What’s your favorite song or type of music?   
Hamilton music. That's really all we ever listen to, so...

What's your favorite food?
Carrots and celery with Aunt Pam's dill dip. Herbed chicken and tomatoes. Blueberries, obviously (as she eats the whole carton.)

Current favorite movie?   
That's hard, I have a few new favorites. Captain Marvel, or Aladdin--that was a good one.

Current book you're reading?
The Lunar Chronicles--right now, Scarlet.   

Favorite color?   
Blue. [Mary: No, your favorite color is PINK!]

Favorite place to be?
At home or Aunt Pam's house.

What are your favorite things to do? 
Read, swim, find a spot where it's cool...sleep in the basement. It's so hot.  

Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
I just got a turtle for my birthday! His name is Petoskey (Peto) because he looks like a Petoskey stone. If you have a pool, please invite me over. I'm dying over here. [It's 86 degrees and humid and our air conditioner is broken. Please, invite me too.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment