Saturday, June 5, 2021

Mothers Day 2021

Since Mother's Day did NOT start out with a child with broken bones, hospitalization, and surgery, it easily beat out 2020!

These kids have my number. Here's a bit of what they gave me.


The kids picked this card out together. They know why it's funny! It is 100% my life. Mary Cate will find this card and read it until Kevin or I yell, "WHAT?" Just like the card says.



Eddie made this little book at school and this is very sweet but oh so accurate. He wrote, "I feel proud when you work hard." Sweet. Then the illustration has Mary saying, "Mom, get me some milk already!" To which I reply, "Mary, I can't do everything at once!" Accurate.

And then there's this little thank you note from DJ.


His note inside says a bit about life this year.

"Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for helping me be able to go to school. I thought it was very fun to see my friends again. I would also like to thank you for helping me with my homework. Before you started helping me with my homework I had a really hard time with writing. Now, I still have some trouble coming up with things to write about, but I'm a lot more confident.

Love, DJ"

It's been a lovely year together and I love these little artifacts from the kids' perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment