Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Eddie, age 10




Happy birthday to Eddie! He's achieved the coveted double-digits. Eddie continues to be a steady source of joy in our family with his chill attitude and subtle humor. He told me recently that most people only know one side of him, but there are actually three: the nerdy side, the athletic side, and the musical side. Eddie had a year with a lot of growth in all these areas, but I especially loved working with him and some of his friends in the new "Math Challenge" enrichment class! We love you and all your sides, Eddie!

What was your favorite memory from the last year?
Going to Petoskey for spring break, especially going on all the hikes.

What is one way God's been working in your life this year?
 God has been helping me be more outgoing and be more myself with people I don't know.

How do you feel about being ten?  
Good...I feel like I can do more stuff now. I can start drinking coffee and I'm now able to stay home without an adult for a little bit. Etcetera. 

What are you most looking forward to in the next year?
The next baseball season. (Even though you've only been done for a week?) Yeah I want to be in a league again, not just play with DJ and Mary. And I'll be in the older league where you lead off and steal and stuff.

What new things or skills are you learning?
I learned a lot of stuff about Acts and other parts of the Bible in 4th grade. I learned a lot more about music and I can basically play anything I hear now. I gained a lot of skills in sports, especially basketball.

What is a goal you have for yourself in the next year?
I want to become stronger or smarter. Or both.

Who are your best friends?
Aidrick, Dallas, Otto, Max, Cameron, and Braden.

What kinds of things are you good at?
Basically baseball, music, and math.

What kinds of things are you not-so-good at yet?
Keeping track of my things and staying focused without zoning out. At school I'm focused most of the time...unless I zone out.

What careers are you considering?
An analyst at NASA or a coder...honestly I want to be everything. Except a doctor, I wouldn't want to be a doctor.

Why are you interested in working for NASA?
Because I really like space.

What’s your favorite song?   
I like every piece of music possible, unless it's by Taylor Swift. If I was going to play anything on Alexa, maybe High Hopes, Holiday, or Viva la Vida. I don't have favorite songs, but I have least favorites. 

What's your favorite food?
Pesto pasta or those chicken with broccoli and cheese things.

Favorite movie? Or just a movie you like. 
Rookie of the Year...I like a lot of movies. If it's the first time I've seen it, I'd probably like it.

Favorite book you've read this year?   
Either the 4th Wingfeather Saga book or Evil Spy School.

Favorite color?   
Red or purple.

Favorite place to be?
The beach, any beach with tall grass and sand dunes behind where you put your towels. Or the Florida beach. 

What are your favorite things to do?
This could go on forever. I really like sunbathing on the beach, swimming, sports, being able to create my own music, I like listening to other people's music, taking hikes, and sleeping in hammocks. 

Is there anything else you want us to know about you as a ten-year-old?   
I'm pretty sure that covers it.

No comments:

Post a Comment