Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chatty Cathy

In a letter to Nellie that I wrote in her baby book, I said "I can't wait until she can start talking so I know what she's thinking!" It was before she turned a year old, so it's been a couple of (short, fast) years since then. But I remembered that last night, when the following one-sided conversation took place in the span of maybe one minute.

Hey mommy, the heater turned off. Which one is left? Is this left? Oh that feels good on my feet! Big Bird, feel this on your feet, doesn't that feel good? Sit up Big Bird. Sit. Sit. Hey, Big Bird is sitting up by me! I think I can use this [plastic bin] as a stool. Hey, I used it as a stool! Mommy, this can be my new stool! Oops, sorry baby bear. I stepped on my baby bear a little bit. I'M ALL NAKIE! [Bouncing on the bed] nakie baby, nakie baby, nakie baby, nakie baby! Mommy, what'cha doing? I need my towel. I want to wrap up in my towel. Mooooo, I'm a baby cow! Hey Mommy remember when I was a baby and you got me this towel? Whobody got me this towel?

So that is what she was thinking.

2 comments:

  1. How cute! She'd fit right in around here. Both of mine are often thrilled to be "nakin."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine where she gets this trait.

    ReplyDelete