Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Potty training....grrr....

Nellie has been potty trained for #1 since she turned 2. She spent one weekend with her 3-year-old cousin, came home, wanted underpants, and never went back. She wore Pull-Ups during nap time and nighttime for a couple of months, but then it was all underpants, all the time.

So. We just spent another weekend with said cousins, who both wear Pull-Ups at bed time.

Note: Both also poop in the potty. Nellie does not. After one horrific 3-hour ordeal several months ago that I won't get into here, which ended with her throwing up on me once and peeing on Kevin once that night when she just looked at the toilet, we are letting Nellie set her own agenda on that one. She has gone in the potty, we know she can do it, but she told us she is waiting until she's three. Fine.

Anyway, Nellie came home and informed me that she needs to wear a Pull-Up to bed. Kevin and I discussed this with her calmly, but inside I was thinking "Ohno ohno ohno ohno what do I do we are not regressing do I let her wear one what if it lasts what do I do she is never going to be fully potty trained oh geez this is not happening." Overly dramatic? Maybe. In the end, I decided to let her try it. She put on the Pull-Up, put on the pajama pants.

I asked, "how does that feel?"

"Squishy. I want my underpants."

HUGE. SIGH. OF RELIEF.

1 comment:

  1. fast-forward 20 years, and it will be her telling you that she actually decided NOT to move in with her 30 year-old boyfriend! HUGE sigh of relief!

    ReplyDelete