Monday, May 24, 2010

P.S.

Ahhh, lest anyone (including future me) think that we are too good to be true, I thought I should point out that the wonderful and fun planting happened before and after a serious Nellie fit that ended with me pinning her down and forcibly removing her bathing suit so that we could leave for the store. Hence the napping in the car. Then today when I planted the flowers, she spent the whole time looking at the cat in the window next door, refusing to come inside when I had to get Annie (who was refusing to take a nap), then doing some strange whining fake-cry (a real winning combo) in the front doorway. She also learned the art of sulking this weekend. Seriously, where do kids learn this stuff? It's really an unattractive kid habit, in my opinion, so we're going to have to figure out how to nip that one in the bud. I did pull out my grandma's line, "if you stick out that lip a little bird is going to come poop on it." Oi.

So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment