Thursday, March 31, 2011

Uncle Dave (in honor of his birthday)

Nellie and Annie LOVE Uncle Dave. They love all of their aunts and uncles, of course, but the fact that Dave and Laurel live so far away makes them a more exciting novelty. When the girls take a bath, Dave and Laurel come home to visit and their plane flies overhead. We yell "Hi Uncle Dave! Hi Aunt Laurel!" and wave at the ceiling so I can quickly pour water on their hair. (Annie still cries about this, but it kind of works.) When Nellie cries and can't think of a good reason, she tells me she's crying because she misses Uncle Dave. When I ask who we should pray for, it's always Uncle Dave and that he'd have a good day at school. When Dave and Laurel visit, it's pretty much a party all the time.

So we've spent some time thinking about what to do for Uncle Dave for his birthday today. Among the ideas was mailing him a letter. Nellie transcribed it to Kevin, and we thought you all might enjoy it. (Sorry Dave, you won't actually get the note for a few days.)

"Help Police Officer. I need help. My back hurts, I see you are building a bridge. I do what you do, but I pretend I'm a police officer. It is after 8 o' clock! How are you doing fire fighters? Do you see that big blue dragon? Annie I don't know what you're doing with that silly old bonkey! No!"

Happy birthday, Dave!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I love that post- nellie's letter kind of sounds like poetry!

    ReplyDelete