Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cordial glasses

I've never had cordial. I'm not really even sure what it is, and what I do know comes from that scene in Anne of Green Gables. But the summer I turned 21, I bought these glasses:



Erin and Steve took Kevin and me wine tasting up north, and I got the glasses as a souvenir. I thought they were pretty, but I never intended to actually drink out of them. I thought that someday, they would make good medicine glasses for my hypothetical kids. Which is what I told Kevin, and in retrospect I'm glad it didn't scare him away to hear his girlfriend was buying gifts for her future children!

Anyway, when Nellie was sick last week, I took the glasses out and for once, she actually drank her Tylenol. It totally worked! I thought back to when I bought them almost 9 years ago...and here we are. I feel like I've arrived.

1 comment: