Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bedtime

So this is not even close to the most important thing that has happened in the last few weeks (like, we had a baby), but it's too funny to forget. While sitting downstairs waiting for Sunday night football with baby Donald, we heard shrieking coming from upstairs. Kevin went up to investigate. He came down a few minutes later to confirm that indeed, there was shrieking, but it was hysterical laughter. Apparently, the girls were going back and forth saying, "my favorite story is..." and then saying something silly. The conversation went something like this:

N: My favorite story is Annie and the headband! [giggle giggle]
A: My favorite story is Nellie doo-doo! [giggle giggle]

Kevin enters

N: My favorite story is--
K: Girls, it is time to go to bed.
N: No daddy, I was going to say my favorite story is two girls going to bed!
K: Okay, as long as it's not a silly story.
N: Weeeeeell, it's kind of a silly story. There's a talking banana. And a talking apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment