Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome Donald James!


Born 4:40 a.m. 12/28/2011 - 5 days LATE! I learned never to expect a baby to come early. Willing it to be true just can't make it happen. Praise the Lord, though, because He answers prayers! I was scheduled to be induced the morning of the 28th at 9:00 a.m. because of the upcoming "holiday rush" - it was the only time I could get in before the new year and before the one-week-overdue limit. I was pretty upset about it, so I sent out a prayer request message to my family Tuesday night at 10:00 that I would go into labor that night. By 10:30 I was timing contractions! I think Kevin got it right...the baby just procrastinated until there was a strict deadline, then came through at the last minute. Just like dad.

Other stats - 8 lbs. 1 oz., 20 1/4 inches long, head circumference 14.2 inches

The first thing Annie said when she met Donald was, "I like him!" The girls are adjusting well to life with a newborn; they love to hold him and bring diapers and such. I keep waiting for this new reality to feel normal. Three kids! That's a lot. I remember when Annie was born, I thought two kids seemed like more than twice the work. This is different--we're outnumbered, but managing okay.

I think that's all I have in me for tonight! Time for bed...for a couple hours anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment