Sunday, March 4, 2012

Donald - 2 months old

Speaking of not being all that big (see the quarterback post), he kind of is that big. DJ was 11 lbs at his 1-month checkup, which means he gained three pounds in a month! At his 2-month checkup last week, he weighed 12 lbs. 12 oz. and was 24 inches long. That puts him at the 72nd percentile for weight and the 84th percentile for length. The doctor said if he continues at this rate he'll be bigger than Kevin and me--actually, all our kids are guaranteed to be taller than me, so I hear, because there is more than a 6-inch difference between our heights. So I'll be the short one in the family! Anyway, the fact that I carry around an almost-13-pound baby all day might explain why I feel like I'm getting tendonitis in my left wrist and elbow. That kid's heavy!

DJ is a sweet, generally happy baby. Pretty much the only time he cries is when I dare to change his diaper in the middle of the night when he just really wants to eat. Also, he does NOT like riding in the car. He sleeps about as well as the girls did--meaning, not well. But he's been going down around 7 and sleeping until at least 11 (last night it was after 1:00), so that's good. But then he's up several times after that, and of course I don't really feel like going to bed at 7!

He started smiling around 4 weeks, and he smiles pretty much all the time. He really loves his sisters - they can always get him smiling! And he loves when we sing, and tries to sing along. He coos carries on conversations with us. He's a fun little guy; I thank God every day for our healthy little (not so little) guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment