Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

It was a special day indeed, since this is my first year as a mother of three. (That still sounds kind of weird.) Some highlights:
  1. DJ really wanted me to know how much he loves me by waking me up every hour from midnight on.
  2. Because of (1), I was still half-asleep at 8:30, allowing for the perfect breakfast-in-bed scenario. Nellie and Kevin had been planning it for weeks - french toast, fruit salad, and sausage, coffee - my favorites!
  3. I got my first "real" Mother's Day gift from Nellie - a flower-shaped magnetic picture frame with her little preschool picture in it. Precious!
  4. Biggby on the way to church. 
  5. Lunch together outdoors.
  6. Number five was interrupted, however, by a Poop Situation. DJ was in his bouncer (this is new for him; we just got it out yesterday) by the door. Annie was playing with him, when she announced he was poopy. I looked at him, wondering how she could possibly know that. Then I noticed that the bottoms of his socked feet were covered in poop. If you could have seen inside my head at that moment, you would have seen red lights flashing and heard sirens wailing. Maybe also a robot voice saying "warning, warning." Sure enough, he had pooped and because of the brilliant engineering of the bouncer, a tiny bit made it into his diaper and LOTS of it ended up on the carpet. Under his feet. It was like he was stomping in puddles. 
  7. DJ got a bath.
  8. Kevin cleaned the carpets. Bonus Mother's Day gift!
  9. I got a little nap watching Princess and the Frog with the girls. (Kevin and DJ also had nice long afternoon naps.)
  10. Annie and I took our babies for a walk in their strollers.
  11. I ran into my high school boyfriend's parents, who are now our neighbors. We had a nice chat. Everyone is doing well. :)
  12. Kevin made a marvelous dinner despite the poop setbacks - wild turkey (shot Thursday), stuffing, asparagus, and salad.
  13. Maybe the best present was that Kevin made this happen:
Mom and kids, matching. I love matchy-matchy family! Nellie's not super happy. See below.



I say "Kevin made this happen" because he literally wrestled Nellie into this dress because "the collar feels funny." Sigh. You'd never know we had high drama from this face!
Nellie took this one.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an adventure-filled day! Love the matching outfits. You look so pretty Jamie! Kudos to Kevin for winning the wrestling match. We have our share of high drama here too at times.

    ReplyDelete