Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Regarding Jesus

I've been "sneaking" Annie (at 2) into the 3-year-old class at church, which is a genuine Sunday School class. This allows me to convince her that it's preschool. Because all she wants to do in the whole wide world is go to preschool. So tonight she was coloring one of the take-home pictures she got and while I loaded the dishwasher I asked her what she knows about Jesus. Here's what she knows:
  • He's the Son of God.
  • He died on the cross but he's not still on the cross, he rose again.
  • Now he's in heaven with God.
  • He died so that we can live in Papa John's house forever and ever.
I was actually pretty impressed, because I wasn't sure what she was actually picking up in the class (or from Nellie, the evangelist). But I am a little concerned that she may think that Papa John is God and that his house is heaven. Although, having three bathrooms is very nice.

Nellie just started playing t-ball, which is entertaining in a cute and funny sort of way. At the first game, every time she went to a new base (which is every time someone hits the ball--everybody automatically advances) she started chatting with the other team member who was there. Later I found out that she was mostly talking about lip gloss. Of course! Anyway, on the way home I commented that I liked how she did that, because one of the best Tigers players (Cabrera) is always chatting with the other team when he or they are on base. She responded, "What do you think he talks about? Do you think he's telling them about Jesus? Ooh, that's a good idea! I think I'm going to start doing that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment