Saturday, September 28, 2013

Dinnertime without dad

Kevin's working late tonight. The girls made cornhusk dolls at the American Heritage Festival today, and they've been playing with them all evening. While I was cutting up quesadillas, I overhead them (the dolls) having this conversation.

Nellie's doll (Wood): Did I tell you I do gymnastics? I fell over backward and broke my ankle.
Annie's doll (Hannah): I don't believe you.
Wood: Well I did. Look on facebook. I wrote, "I broke my ankle." Read it!
Hannah: I still don't believe you.
Wood: I did! Didn't you read my text? I texted you that I broke my ankle.

Cornhusk dolls these days.

When I went to bring DJ his quesadilla, he was dipping apples in salsa. Also, one of the girls had brought him his portable Lightning McQueen toilet seat to hold while he waited for his food.

And that's how it goes, sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I loved this!! Life is always more interesting when you're solo parenting, isn't it?! :)

    ReplyDelete