Friday, August 1, 2014

The color of grout

One of the girls' chores today was to "mop and scrub floors" together. I had to demonstrate what I meant by scrubbing. I acknowledge that I needed to demonstrate it because they've never before seen it actually modeled. Anyway, I mixed up some water, vinegar, and baking soda (also a fun science experiment) and scrubbed a bit of the floor. We were all quite surprised at how well it worked. The girls spent the next 45 minutes or so scrubbing the kitchen while I folded laundry. Here's some of what I heard from the other room:

Oh. My. Gosh. I did not know these lines are white.
If you scrub them really hard, they turn the color of pixie dust!
Mom, do you have two more brushes so we can ice skate like on Rapunzel?
Wait, you can actually put these on your feet. [I peeked--they had their feet stuck in the brush handles.] This way we can rest our arms! And when our feet get tired we can use our hands again!
Wait until Dad sees this. He is going to be SHOCKED when he finds out these lines are white.
We can do this all day.

The point is, don't eat off our floors if you have a weak immune system.

No comments:

Post a Comment