Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I've (still, always) got a little catching up to do

As in, I haven't written a blog post since spring. I'm not sure why--I think that once the dissertation was submitted, I was just burned out on writing much of anything for awhile! Also, it seems that the realities of having four kids (and, you know, several jobs) has set in. There are always, always, always so many things to do and so many needs to meet. I'm not complaining, it's just true. So. Here we are, at the end of July, with few updates these past months. Let's try to hit the highlights.

Spring was fairly uneventful, as I remember. We just kept plugging away at school, and counting down the days to spring break (when all of a sudden time seemed to pass in double time). Uneventful except when I GRADUATED! I can remember a time when, several years in, I quit the program (in my mind) for about the 300th time. I was driving. An image flashed in my head that was basically this picture, though Eddie wasn't even a twinkle in our eyes at the time:


Without fail, seeing this picture makes me think of the verse, "if I have the gift of prophesy and can fathom all wisdom and all knowledge...but have not love, I am nothing." (1 Corinthians 13:2) I actually don't have the gift of prophesy and I can't fathom all knowledge, but I do have love! And a little crazy.

Anyway, the little vision kept me going for another day, which turned into weeks, months, and then years, and finally the day arrived! Graduation was quite surreal, but the parties and celebrations were very fun. There was a bounce house.

We also celebrated Easter in there, and Annie's graduation from kindergarten--I still can't quite believe she'll be a first grader next year.


"O is twisted alley-oop!"


Of course, I suppose I should mention we got a puppy, Bolt. Hmm, what can I say about that? ... Let's go with, it is not the worst thing that ever happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment