Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Nellie, age 8 (!)

How do you feel about being eight?  
Happy, but...happy. Because I get money by babysitting, and it means only two years before I can stay home by myself! [Not so sure about that.]

What kinds of things do eight-year-olds do?   
Babysit! Talk differently. Like, learn different languages.

Do you have a favorite birthday present?
I like all of them, but I really like the gift cards I got, and the money, and the Ever After High Books. I'm talking to you, Grandma Lisa! 

What are you most excited about in the next year?
Learning cursive! [Singsong voice] I like cursive, I want cursive!

Who is your best friend?    
Avery Hartzler. [Annie: Are you sure not anyone else?]

Who are your favorite people to play with?
Everyone who I know. If I know them. Well, in other words, everyone, if I know them. But then again, I like meeting new people, and playing with them, and being friends with them. I especially like playing with my cousins and my siblings.

What kinds of things are you good at?
Reading, sewing, hide-and-seeking, drawing, writing, watching...like bird watching and babysitting and that stuff.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Well that's a hard question, but I want to be a math teacher, and then I want to be a clothes designer. Like I want to earn money by sewing clothes. Like I'll have a little shop and put up signs everywhere so people will come if they have holes in their clothes. 

Why do you want to be a teacher and a seamstress?
Well, I like helping people in my own special way. I really like sewing at this particular moment. This day, and this year. 

What’s your favorite song?   
Well, any song that doesn't have any bad words in it. I really don't like any funeral songs, because they're all sad, and they're about dead people. Well, I like funeral songs that are about God.

Favorite movie?   
The Minion movie, but basically, any movie that doesn't have any bad words in it. [Have you seen movies with bad words in them? N: Yeah. Like "Oh my ___" and "I hate that" and "stupid."]

Favorite book?   
The same thing as the last question. Right now, Ever After High books, and pretty much any chapter books.

Favorite color?   
Green-blue.

Favorite place to be?
Usually home, but if it's someplace like a hotel--that's my favorite place to be. Or Aunt Pam's, or any place you can swim.

What are your favorite things to do?  Let me guess--swim?
Swim, read, sew, draw. I really like to draw. I like to knit, but I've only knit one thing, and it kind of turned into a disaster.

Is there anything else you want us to know about you?   
Um, well, like I said, I really like to sew and I hope that can make good abilities out of me. I like to sew and knit, then I can give them away to people who don't have enough clothes. And if I get rich someday, I can give them money.

No comments:

Post a Comment