Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas 2015

Not to be outdone by DJ's birthday interview, the girls want to do a Christmas one. So here it is! We've had a fun season.

So girls, we've been busy this Christmas. What has been the most memorable part?

Nellie: Christmas morning. Sitting around the Christmas tree, trying to be patient, waiting to open Christmas presents.

Annie: Since we were going oldest to youngest on stockings, I was just so eager to open my stocking presents. It was so...you know...worth waiting for!

What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

Nellie: Putting up the nativity scene and exchanging Christmas presents.

Annie: I like decorating the Christmas tree, getting the presents, and wrapping the presents.

What present were you most excited about giving?

Nellie: Probably DJ's polar bear set. The one I got from Potter Park Zoo when we saw the lights.

Annie: I was, like, really excited about giving mom her wallet, because she really needed that. [I lost mine in a snow bank in a parking lot, only to have my mom find it a week later when the snow melted.]

What was your favorite present you received this year?

Nellie: That's a tough one. Probably my Truly Me American Girl doll, or my crossbow.

Annie: I really liked my Kindle and the special fishing box that Dad gave me, because you have to use it on a special kind of fish.

What's your favorite Christmas movie that we watched this year?

Nellie: I liked particularly White Christmas, the Grinch...I liked all of them! I liked the play that we saw of the Christmas Carol.

Annie: Are you kidding?! White Christmas, of course! And the Peanuts Movie!

What's your favorite Christmas song?

Nellie: I like Hark the Herald Angels Sing, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, and Away in a Manger.

Annie: [Starts singing] Feliz Navidad! Feliz Navidad! ... [I don't know how to spell the rest.] And ALL OF THEM!

What did you like most about going to Holland with Grandma Linda?

Nellie: Probably opening up my present from Charlotte and thinking, "what is it, what is it," then opening it and finding out, "yes! It's another science kit! And you can eat it!"

Annie: Everything! Playing Twister and sleeping in the top bunk!

What are your favorite Christmas colors? [Annie's idea]

Nellie: Red and green.

Annie: I like all of them, but I especially like green.

Is there anything else you especially want to remember about this Christmas?

Nellie: I remember saying that this is the best Christmas ever, because I finally got what I've been asking for every year--a look-alike American Girl doll! Also I really liked getting Sorry. And opening a pack of arrows and being like, "what are these for?" Then Dad walked in from the laundry room holding my bow and I was like, "yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!"

Annie: I liked getting new books on my Kindle. This is the best Christmas ever!! Wait, do I say that every year? Whoopeeee!

I know one thing I'll remember. Listening to you [Annie] recite the whole Christmas story by heart, and singing Christmas carols on Christmas Eve while Nellie played piano. Then staying up until midnight putting together toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment