Friday, October 27, 2017

Nellie's first band concert

We went to Nellie's first-ever band concert last week--just saying that makes her seem so grown up! It was a success in that we made it almost on time and the flute section sounded wonderful. But Mary Cate only made it through the first three songs and even then, she screamed the whole time. Not like crying; she only has one volume and it's "scream." Eddie much more quietly told me, "I want to play with my trains at home" repeatedly until I let him go out into the commons with Kevin and Mary Cate. Halfway through, Annie leaned over and said, "I'm a little bored," in a somewhat surprised tone. I wasn't sure how to respond...I suppose she'd better get used to it. It's sort of the point.

BUT, yay Nellie! We're proud of you. Go band or go home!





No comments:

Post a Comment