Friday, July 16, 2021

Annie, age 12

Annie remains as sweet and helpful as ever, and we've depended on her in new ways over this last year as she got to be the "oldest" in our day-to-day school life. It was a great joy having her back at LCS this year and spending more time with her. She took on all kinds of experiences with confidence--cross country, basketball, softball, percussion, quickly transitioning to middle school, owning a puppy (not sure how it happened, but Lafayette is squarely her dog), musical theater camp...I'm sure there's more! Now, Annie is taking on 12 with the same eagerness and maturity. Fair warning, her sweetness is tempered by a bit of salt. I mean, yesterday she threw Eddie in the lake, surprising us all, when I promised ice cream if Eddie jumped in but his nerves were getting the better of him. Don't stand in the way of Annie's ice cream! (Eddie popped out the water laughing--he's fine.)


Celebratory ice cream after Eddie "jumped" in the lake

What was your favorite memory from the last year?
I'm trying to think of what I did! It was really funny when my whole softball team sang happy birthday to me and it was so loud because we were in the dugout. Then I got home at like 11 that night. And we got a dog! Going up north and being able to see Papa and get the puppy.

What is one way God's been working in your life this year?
I think everything we've been able to do with the pandemic, like being with my friends and being able to be in school. I just had a really good year. 

How do you feel about being twelve?  
I don't know. I feel like in 4 years I'll be like "I was so young." But I'm almost to my teens so sometimes I feel like 12 is both old and young at the same time. When I look back to four years ago, 8 seems so young.

What are you most looking forward to in the next year?
Probably new experiences and learning more things, meeting new people.

Who are your best friends?
Chloe, Lauren, Makenna, Ava...I'm kind of friends with everyone. The girls on my softball team.

What are your strengths?
I don't want to sound braggy...I'm good at baking, I'm kind, I'm pretty athletic, pretty smart.

What careers are you considering?
Someday I want to own my own bakery or be a teacher. I want to be an interior designer.

Why are you interested in those fields?
I feel like I'm good at baking, and I'm pretty qualified for that. I think that's just something I would enjoy doing. I have learned so many things from my teachers, and I can pull those things together, and I'm a people-person. I can see the potential of things and of people.

What’s your favorite song or type of music?   
I have a lot of them. I really like musical theater. Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen. I guess love songs, romance, Olivia Rodrigo's SOUR album. I said romance but it's like heartbreak, too.

What's your favorite food?
You can't just expect someone to have a favorite food, mom. Chocolate, but that's more of a dessert. Cheesy things...there are just so many things I love.

Current favorite movie?   
Two main things come to mind and they're in line with my favorite books. There are too many good ones, but I do love The Hunger Games series and the Twilight saga.

Current book you're reading? Or should I say books?
Right now I'm in the middle of Midnight Sun. Next, I plan to read the Divergent series.

Favorite color?   
Purple. I love lavender purple and lighter purple. I also love yellow. I like pastel colors.

Favorite place to be?
Probably Petoskey. Downtown Petoskey and Grandma's condo up there. I like being in nature, but being outdoors up there was, like, magical.

What are your favorite things to do? 
Read, bake, watch TV, spend time with friends and family, play sports, spend time with Lafayette.

Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
I'm still single. I'm just kidding, don't write that. [This made me laugh so hard, I begged her to let me write it and she gave permission.] I feel like 12 is older, I'm growing up. I'm past the child phases. I threw Eddie off the dock yesterday so we got ice cream. I feel like my style has changed a lot. Some of those outfits I wore when I was younger, I really regret. Don't worry guys, I have a better sense of fashion now.

No comments:

Post a Comment